Thursday, April 24, 2008

We're worried about you.

Huh. (Enter shake of the head here).
On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the turmoil in my life ranks at about a 3.5.
I'm tired. I wake up every morning at 5am. Take my daily Lexapro to get things started off right. I work my ass off all day. I go to the gym after work. I fight traffic. I go home. Possibly deal with a migraine. Clean my house. Drink a glass of wine. Maybe 2. On the weekends, maybe 3.
I AM TWENTY FIVE years old for goodness sakes. I think I have my shit together. I own a house, a have a nice car, a job I truly enjoy, a family that I love.
I am not miserable. God, I just wish I could take the ones who are "concerned" about me back about 5 years. Then they would know what Brittney being miserable looks like. I was a mess back then. I hated my life. But you know what? Things have changed.
Of course I deal with daily struggles. What person doesn't? Specifically I have dealt with Ben's drinking problem. Sure it has gotten me down. It is hard to be a family member of someone who struggles with alcoholism. But he tries. It's a struggle for him too. He's has done so well lately. He has been so considerate. He has tried so damn hard. So tell me you're concerned, fine! I can understand how friends are concerned, but do they not realize that it is easier to bitch about someone than it is to commend them.? It's human nature. We need to vent. We need to get out the things that stress us out. I never once meant for my life to seem like it's a bunch of hell- a life I don't want to be in. Because if that's what you think- than you are wrong. Very, very wrong.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I wish I could give you a hug. You are a fantastic person. A wonderful Mom. A beautiful wife and a friend I'll value a lifetime. Hugs sweetie!!!