Friday, April 18, 2008

So the day has finally come

Today was the day that I spoke with the person who has plagued so many of my days and caused so much havoc in my life and disrupted my emotional well being. Today I answered the phone and she was on the other end of the line. She spoke with a sweet voice and a gentle tone and when she said who she was I felt my face go white and did all I could to keep my composure.
She apologized. She took the time to explain to me so many questions that were never answered. And I listened. And I thanked her.
I wish I could shake it off. I wish so badly that I could just "let it be the past" like he tells me it was.
He's said it was all so long ago. Said it was all just a stupid mistake. But in fact, she did not just consume my life, but his as well. Whether it was just something he did for fun, or something he did because it was meaningful. It was something; the reason why I will constantly question and constantly fear that it will happen again.
I am so full of emotions right now I can't even get them out on paper. I can't begin to express the garble that is going through my brain right now. For him, she is his past. For me, her presence in the past makes it part of my present.

No comments: