Friday, November 9, 2007

Fall Days and good feelings

Lattes, jackets, clean air.
I wonder what it is about fall time that makes things feel so sentimental? People make time to spend with their families. Children hop along the streets holding onto their parent's hand with little red cheeks going for a test drive in their new fall attire. Business men and women appear to be a little less grumpy. People seem to smile more; and offer more too. I've noticed this a lot lately.
This morning on my regular morning stop at Starbucks a gentleman held the door open for me. I told him thank you. He told me it was his pleasure. I love starting my day this way.
I don't know what it is about fall. Maybe it's quite literally a breath of fresh air. The season offers you an opportunity to stop. Stop to take a deep breath. Stop to relax a little. Stop to slow down. Stop to take a moment to inhale all the vibrant fragrances that fall has to offer. Turkeys, coffees, gingerbread.
Maybe fall reminds people of being a child? Maybe it brings back memories of days of old with mom and pop and kitchens and presents and joy.
Whatever it may be, I most certainly am enjoying it.

1 comment:

bev said...

It's like they say on Noggin "I'm falling in love with fall!" Fall is one of my favorite times of year!