Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jen told me to make him open the box. Maybe he'll read this instead

If I waited all this time to have a share then explore my piece and bite.
It's like having a grenade strapped to my stomach with our names on it.
I only thought of you and I, of ashes and us alone
On a sacred beach with only flashes of our last moan.
I am full of love, and of anger and intelligence and respect.
But I find myself in the daytime wondering where you're kept.
Skies do not open for my batting lashes or lips of ruby.
They open for my wrath and tears and for my sacred scurry.
Tell me I do not have to preach to you or make you listen!
Scream to me that I may not have another bed to christen!
My guidance is right through teh solemn angel's eyes
but you have no grace with that frown, you give me sour times.
I have lied for us, I have lied for me. I lie to me until it suits.
You want to dance, I can feel it in my grey scaled boots.
Please stay in life and feel the warmth of the earth.
Please stay in the light of love that I give, not in your hearse.
I can make you whole. I can make you sound.
I want to make you feel casually rebound.
I can't move without you. I can't feel what happy is.
I have no sound reason why but I know it isn't this.

No comments: